Production Manager, Hitchin
£35,000 – £45,000
• To manage operations within the workshop undertaking fabrication of products to customer specifications.
• To manage and support workshop staff in all aspects of workshop operations.
• To maintain efficiencies and to manage the flow of materials and components through the workshop.
• To support the business administration of the company.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Manage production activities from receipt of customer drawings to delivery of completed products.
• Maintain the electronic and paper filing systems for all job related documents.
• Implement and maintain safe working procedures across all of the company’s activities.
• Develop and maintain practical skills on all equipment within the workshop and ensure that all relevant staff are adequately trained and monitored in the use of the equipment.
• Develop and maintaining close relationships with customers and suppliers.
• Participate in the financial management of the business.
• Experience of managing a team in a workshop environment with CNC controlled equipment.
• Experience of operating CNC controlled laser cutters, brake presses, milling centres and saws.
• A proven track record in maintaining efficient production, hitting customer deadlines and maintaining profit margins.
• Experience of maintaining high standards of health and safety and workshop housekeeping.
• Be a team player willing to fit in around other members of a small but highly skilled team.
• Willing to contribute at all levels when needed in a confident manner.
• Willing to join in with the many varied activities that are needed in an expanding, fast moving organisation.
Specific Job Skills:
This is a key role in the senior management team. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following specific skills;
• Management of health and safety in a workshop environment.
• Experience of pricing fabrication works.
• Experience of managing budgets and P and L sheets.
• Maintaining discipline within a varied team.
• Experience of managing EN1090 and/or ISO 9001 quality management systems.
• Experience of motivating a team to perform consistently at a high level of quality.
• Developing and maintaining efficiencies in the fabrication process.
No specific qualifications are needed for this role, but experience of welding and responsible welding coordination would be an advantage. Coded welding qualifications would be desirable but not essential as training would be provided for the successful candidate.
Knowledge of 3D modelling (AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit, Solidworks etc) would be useful.
23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
Hours of work: 7.00am – 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 7.00am – 3.30pm on Fridays
It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days, please take it that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This vacancy is being advertised by Fresh Recruit Ltd who are acting as an employment agency business.