Showroom Assistant, Stevenage
Hours: 38.5 hours per week between 9am – 7pm and every other Saturday from 9am – 5pm
To act as part of the showroom team in respect of all general duties but specifically to serve and greet customers with a world class service.
• Responsible for greeting customers as they enter the showroom
• Responsible for serving customers, collating and locating their orders and completing/filing of paperwork
• Ensuring all transfers from the warehouse are completed on the system
• To be self-motivated, numerate and able to process orders by being able to manage the sales order system using the internal computer system
• Display goods in an attractive and appealing way
• Undertake weekly stock takes of the showroom
• Be able to give advice confidently to customers
• To be confident when dealing with all types of payment
• Responsible for cashing up and ensuring the till balances at the end of each day
• Arranging couriers for replacement orders
• Changing collections to deliveries, relabelling and taking to the relevant distribution area
• Responding to emails and enquiries
• Help unload stock cases from pallets either for the shelves or customer collections
• Organise a monthly tasting in the showroom from start to finish
It is essential that you have an excellent knowledge of wine and that you possess at least WSET Level 3. You will ideally have good experience of working within a retail environment, have the ability to problem solve and experience of dealing with both money and credit cards.
It is also essential that you have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, you are able to work within a team and you have good attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
Excellent company benefits offered including 23 days holiday rising to 30, holiday purchase scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, free parking, staff restaurant, interest free loan scheme.
It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days, please take it that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This vacancy is being advertised by Fresh Recruit Ltd who are acting as an employment agency business.